Almost everybody has heard of the benefits of Lasik and knows at least a couple of people who have successfully had the procedure. This surgery is becoming extremely popular for athletes because in many cases, just a slight improvement can make a huge difference. Excellent peripheral vision is an important asset in many sports including baseball, basketball, soccer, football, swimming, hunting, and the martial arts. The painless Lasik procedure can give athletes an edge quickly and affordably. Interested people should start by making an appointment with an optometrist. Mt. Pleasant, MI residents can rely on Traverse Vision optometrists to determine if their vision problems can be improved with Lasik surgery.
Benefits of Lasik:
- 20/20 vision or better without the need for corrective lenses via glasses or contacts
- Improves peripheral vision, which glasses and even contacts can miss because it is outside your primary field of vision
- Saves money over time by preventing the need for continued purchases of glasses and/or contacts
- Convenience – no need to put in contacts and/or remember glasses and clean them often
- High satisfaction rate of 92-98% of people.
Challenges of Lasik:
- With surgery to the eye, there are always some risks involved, however technical advancements have minimized the risk significantly.
- Lasik is an immediate investment of between $1,000 and $3,000 and depending on your insurance all of part of the procedure may not be covered.
- There is no guarantee that later in life you won’t need reading glasses.
- Under some circumstances an additional surgery may be required to obtain the best possible results.
- Lasik is not for everyone, you must be at least 18, have a correctable prescription no major eye disease, healthy retina and other requirements.
The majority of people who have undergone Lasik surgery are extremely happy with the results; this is especially true with athletes. If you are interested in finding out more about the procedure to permanently improve your eyesight, contact one of our Traverse Vision, Mt. Pleasant optometrists to schedule an appointment today.